The strategic objectives of the Trust are:
To identify, plan and deliver projects which meet local need and fit within a vision of the long term revitalisation of the Swanage and the surrounding area and the social well-being of its people.
To create an income generating, asset base to guarantee the future viability and sustainability of the Trust.
The more general objectives of the Swanage & Purbeck Development Trust are to:
- provide relief from poverty, ill health and disadvantage;
- advance education, job training and retraining;
- encourage the establishment of increased employment opportunities;
- advance improved public access to local arts, culture and heritage;
- protect and enhance the natural and man-made environment;
- provide opportunities for residents to participate fully in the life of the community in ways in which address social and economic deprivation.
We aim to achieve these objectives by supporting local people and organisations in a way which makes use of our knowledge and expertise and guides them in the achievement of viable and sustainable solutions.
By also operating as an “umbrella” charity we aim to nurture and grow other charitable organisations which share the same objectives. These project organisations gain the benefit of reduced cost by sharing the same governance and high level operating costs.